“Reminiscent of childhood memories, luxury, sweetness and sensuality, chocolate is more than just a food – it is therapy.” - Christelle Le Ru
Well said by Christelle Le Ru chocolate is more than a food, it is the “food of God” and we all love to have it every now and then. So, it is favorite of my kids and me as well. The festive season is around the corner and I can’t stop myself to try on my hands no other than something made up of chocolate. And, I decided to make delicious bounty bars an easy and classic recipe.
If you’re wondering what a bounty chocolate bar is? Let me tell you, it’s a chocolate bar that has a soft, sweet, coconut filling covered in chocolate. There are various versions available with milk and dark chocolate. But let's first learn to make it from scratch in my online baking classes in Gurgaon.
I know you all are waiting to give it try as soon as possible. So, let me share with you all my style Bounty Bars recipe made with only 3 ingredients mostly always available in every kitchen. Once you’ll learn to make them, you’ll never ever buy.
3 Ingredients for Homemade Delicious Bounty Bars
1. 2.5 cups dry shredded coconut/coconut powder (dried)
2. 1 cup (250 gm) good quality condensed milk
3. 300 gm dark compound chocolate, melted
1. Take a clean bowl, add the shredded coconut powder and condensed milk in it.
2. With the help of a spatula, mix both the ingredients slowly ensuring the coconut are completely mixed with the milk until it forms a sticky texture and hold shape.
Note - If the mixture doesn’t hold shape and seems dry, then you can add some condensed milk to it.
3. To make bounty bars we can use two methods, either first or second.
4. First Method - you can transfer the mixture in a flat pan and using a spoon or fork give it a thickness and let it set in refrigerator for 1-2 hour. Then cut it into shapes.
5. Second Method - Scoop some of the mixture out using your hands and try to give them pre-shape into bars and put the bars on a tray and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Ensure that there are no finger imprints on the pre-shaped bars.
7. Next, cut your compound chocolate into small pieces.
8. Melt the chocolate using microwave for 30 seconds and give it a mix and then again melt for 30 seconds.
9. Dip the bars in melted chocolate, ensure they’re coated properly from all the sides using 2 forks.
10. Make sure the extra chocolate is cleaned properly using a fork by tapping method described in my YouTube video.
11. Let the excess chocolate drip and place the bars in a tray lined with parchment paper.
12. Now with the help of a knife, make three lines on the top of bars to give the typical design of a bounty bar. (It’s completely optional step, you can skip if you want)